Wednesday, 9 March 2011
The first will be at the Anam Cara Retreat in Co. Cork, Ireland, for one week from the 28th May. Entitled 'Short Fiction: So Much More Than It Seems…' it promises to be a wonderful week. More information can be found at http://www.anamcararetreat.com/index.php/workshops/68-short-fiction-so-much-more-than-it-seems.
If you can't make that, then she is also running workshops, masterclasses and one-to-one sessions at this year's Winchester Writing Conference. More details at http://www.writersconference.co.uk/.
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
Adam Maxwell’s Fiction Lounge and use his Writing Prompts Generator:
Sunday, 16 January 2011
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
Sunday, 9 January 2011
Cause and Effect
Saturday, 8 January 2011
(Thanks to Ashley Watkins for bringing this to our attention.)
(Thanks to Sally Evans for bringing this to our attention.)
Thursday, 6 January 2011
These came from one of those joke emails that get circulated, but some of them may serve as useful prompts. Thanks to Kath Lloyd for passing them on.
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
7. Bad decisions make good stories.
8. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
9. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
10. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
11. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
12. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
13. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
14. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
15. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch three consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
16. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from three feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
17.The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
Welcome to this new resource for writers looking for a range of writing prompts. The idea is to gather in one places anything which might be inspirational, whether it be a phrase, an image, a word, whatever.
Between us, the authors of this blog will try and find and post as much as we can, and as often as we can, so check back regularly to see what might spark your imagination.
In turn, if you find something you think might be useful to others, please send it to us and we'll upload it for everyone.
Any comments or thoughts you have are also welcome.
The first prompts will come soon, so check back and you can soon be writing.